Since fall is starting here in Tennessee, I thought I'd share a SUPER easy knitting pattern I whipped up a few days ago. I decided that since I'm probably going to be drinking ungodly amounts of Starbucks this fall, I needed to spruce up my cup a bit. I'm really happy with how this cup cozy turned out! Doesn't it just scream fall?? :) The pattern is super simple and only took a couple hours to finish. Hope you enjoy it!
GARTER STITCH CUP COZY
• size 8 knitting needles
• size G crochet hook
• tapestry needle
• Worsted weight wool yarn. I used Lion Brand’s Fisherman’s wool in Oak Twead, but any worsted weight yarn will do.
• crochet heart, you can find a tutorial here: http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/01/28/crochet-heart-
garland/ (I’ve tested several patterns, and like this one the best.)
• buttons (2)
• The cozy is worked holding two strands of yarn.
• Holding two strands of yarn, loosely CO 12 stitches.
• Row one: K all stitches.
• Continue in garter stitch until piece measures nine inches.
• Once piece is desired length, loosely BO.
• Crochet button loops: *Using one strand of yarn and crochet hook, insert hook into second stitch and draw up a loop. Ch 10. Insert hook in second stitch from chain and draw up a loop. Turn. Work 15 sc into chain loop. Bind off. * Work from * to * on other side for second button loop.
• Finishing: Sew crochet heart to middle of work. Sew on buttons about ¾ inch from edge. Weave in yarn ends.
That's it! Super easy and cute, right? I hope you're enjoying your first week of October. Happy fall!