Anyways, to kick of Christmas break, I decided to share with you these lovely Crochet Granny Star Ornaments I've been making. My aunt actually asked me to make a bunch of them for her first grade class's Christmas tree. She showed me some pictures of what she liked on Pinterest, but none of the pictures came with patterns. So I winged it. Enjoy!
GRANNY STAR ORNAMENT
Skill level: Easy
- size G crochet hook
- cotton yarn
- buttons (optional)
- thread in same color as yarn
- Puff Stitch: *yo, insert hook into stitch, yo, pull up a loop* four times, yo, pull through all nine loops on hook
- Make a magic loop.
- Row one: Work * puff stitch, ch 2* five times into magic loop. Sl st into top of first puff stitch.
- Row two: (Chain 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) into top of puff stitch. *Into next puff stitch work (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc.)* Repeat from * to * all the way around. Sl st into top of first ch3.
- Row three: Ch 1, sc into stitch before ch 2 space. *Work (hdc, dc, ch 1, dc, hdc) into ch 2 space. Sc in next st, ch 1, sc into gap between 3 dc groups, ch1, sc into stitch before ch 2 space.* Continue pattern around, ending with sc into gap between 3 dc groups. Sl st into first st. Bind off.
- Finishing: Weave in ends. Attach ribbons and buttons if desired.