I'm kind of in love with this crochet flower necklace. The idea came to me out of nowhere. I usually spend a lot of time planning and thinking about projects. But yesterday as I was getting ready for work, I thought, "Hey... I wonder what that would look like...." Thirty minutes later, I had this little beauty hanging around my neck and I was off to the library. :) I hope you like it as much as I do!
PUFF STITCH FLOWER NECKLACE
Skill Level: Easy
- cotton yarn
- size F crochet hook
- needle and thread (should match your yarn)
- seed beeds
- necklace chain
- chain 3 and join into a loop
- work 12 sc inside the loop
- Slip stitch into first sc, chain 3, [yo, insert hook into same stitch and draw up a loop the same height as the ch 3] 3 times, [yo, insert hook into next stitch and draw up a long loop] three times, yo, pull through all loops on hook, chain 2, slip stitch into next stitch. One petal made.
- Continue making petals around. You should have six petals when you are finished. Slip stitch into bottom of first petal, bind off, and weave in the ends.
- Using needle and thread, stitch seed beads onto center of the flower. There is no real rhyme or reason here. Just squeeze the beads in as tight as you can.
- Attach jump ring in between two petals and place on chain.
Ta da! You're all finished. :) Easy peasy, right?