For several years now, my mom and I have been turning vintage salt and pepper shakers into Christmas ornaments. We collect them throughout the year from antiques stores and flea markets and then turn them into ornaments at Christmas time. They are always my favorite ornaments on the tree! I love the vintage touch they add.
- vintage salt and pepper shakers
- green floral wires (cut into pieces about 5 inches long)
- Take off the plugs at the bottom of the shakers and make sure there's not any salt or pepper left inside.
- Stick the two ends of your wire through two of the holes at the top of the shaker.
- Pull the ends through the hole at the bottom. It may be helpful to use a crochet hook to pull the ends through, but it isn't necessary.
- Twist the ends together several times.
- Hide your ends inside the shaker and put the plug back in.
- Pull up on your wire loop and twist it a few times at the top of the shaker.
- Hang your vintage ornament on the tree!